Friday, June 12, 2009

Update: Repair computer problems

I had faced several problems regarding the virus which attacked my laptop. I personally think that the virus becomes more intelligent as it 'destroyed' my networking thus need me to re-format my laptop and install all the required drivers.

If you have difficulties in restoring your network, here are the tips:
1. Check your network card. Usually, it does not spoil due to virus but can become damage because
of humidity etc. You can try to connect your PC onto LAN. This will conclude your network
issues.
2. Always keep record of your network drivers. The reason is simple, you can download other
drivers on the net, but you need the internet connection!
3. Check your network / ethernet cable. Sometimes, there will be errors in the cables too.
4. If other things is ok, check your router (wireless) or adsl modem. I had experienced with the
faulty modem which cost me a lot.
5. Check your Internet Service Provider (ISP) records. Find error related to DNS settings or
username and password.
6. Check your initial setup. My Hp laptop needs me to press F2 to enter setup. Then you must
check the devices related to network such as bluetooth radio.
7. Check windows service. Type in the run section : services.msc. Find the section related to
network. Make sure all of them is set automatic and has been started.
8. Remove your additional RAM. Normally, one RAM is located under the keyboard (do not try
to dismantle unless you know what you're doing), the other slot is at the back of laptop.

If you still have problems, please contact me, I'll try my best to help you.

No comments:

Post a Comment